Criminal Justice Committee Meeting
April 12, 2022 10:00 AM
City Council Chamber
1. Roll Call
Submit Public Comment
2. Approval of the minutes of the March 8, 2022
3. Presentation/ Vote on Calendar No.33,633 (Councilmember Green) relating to the exemption of juvenile detention officers and correction staff of the Juvenile Justice Intervention Center and automotive repair staff of the Equipment Maintenance Division from the City’s domicile requirement.
4. Presentation on the context of Section 147-2 of the City Code (Councilmember Green) relative to the City’s use of surveillance technology. Presenter- members of Eye on Surveillance.
5. Discussion/ Vote on Ordinance to amend Section 147-2 of the City Code (Councilmember Green) relative to the City’s use of surveillance technology.
6. Presentation from Jeff Asher, AH Datalytics regarding quarterly assessment of Criminal Justice Trends.
7. Presentation from Vera Institute. Presenter Will Snowden and Sarah Omojola. Discussion about recommendations around public safety investments that can be made outside of policing and prosecution.