Governmental Affairs Committee
May 31, 2023 1:00 PM
City Council Chamber
1. Roll call
Submit Public Comment
2. Approval of minutes from April 4, 2023 meeting
3. M-23-225 (Morrell) Brief: Adding the President of the Council as a signatory to the Amendment No. 1 to the contract between the City of New Orleans and Global Solutions Group, Inc.; and authorizing the President of the Council to sign the Amendment No. 1 to the contract between the City of New Orleans and Global Solutions Group, Inc.
4. M-23-189 (Giarrusso) Brief: Motion stating that Rule 15.A of the Council's Rules and Regulations is amended and restated to read as follows: Except as otherwise provided in this rule, any appointment to a board, commission, or public agency requiring Council approval shall be made by motion, which shall be referred automatically to the Governmental Affairs Committee for initial consideration before approval by the full Council. In accordance with City Code Section 2-87.1, no appointment motion may be considered until a nominee has submitted a completed and notarized questionnaire on forms provided by the Council Research Office. No vote on a motion to approve a new appointee to any board, commission, or public agency may be taken by Council unless the outgoing board, commission, or public agency member is notified in writing of the termination of his or her appointment, and a copy of said notice is provided to the Council Research Office along with the other necessary documents for a new appointment.
5. M-23-190 (Giarrusso) Brief: Motion stating that Rule 35.B of the Council’s Rules and Regulations is amended and restated to read as follows: Amendments cannot alter or nullify the original purpose of the motion, resolution, or ordinance; and all amendments must be germane to the instrument’s original purpose. Amendments to a calendared ordinance by a non-sponsoring councilmember must be received by the sponsoring councilmember at least 48 hours in advance of the Council meeting at which the ordinance will be considered. Amendments to a motion by a non-sponsoring councilmember must be received by the sponsoring councilmember at least 48 hours in advance of the Council meeting at which the motion will be considered.
6. Discussion only - 34,199 (revising the effective date of the Healthy Homes Ordinance)
7. Other matters