Community Development Committee
August 28, 2023 10:00 AM
City Council Chamber
1. Roll Call
Submit Public Comment
2. Approval of the minutes of the June 26, 2023 Community Development Committee meeting
3. Resolution No. R-23-376 - By: Councilmember Moreno. Brief: A resolution expressing the City Council’s support and willingness to assist in the addition of victim safeguards for the most severe domestic violence incidents by urging Criminal District Court and the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office to create a system to conduct Gwen’s Law hearings for all domestic abuse battery strangulation cases and aggravated domestic abuse battery cases involving a firearm.
4. Update regarding payments due to summer youth workers. New Orleans Recreation Development Board (NORD) Commission, Chief Executive Officer Larry Barabino, presenting.
5. Update from the Permits Task Force regarding improving the efficiency of permitting process. Frank Morse, Home Builders Association; Colemen Adler, Adler’s Jewelers; Maddie Charleston, Vieux Carre Commission Foundation; and Zach Smith, Zach Smith Consulting & Design, Inc., presenting.
6. Discussion regarding mobile pushcart food vending.