Public Works Committee
August 30, 2023 10:00 AM
City Council Chamber
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of the minutes of the July 26, 2023 meeting.
3. Curbside Recycling Cart Contract. Discussion and consideration of a motion authorizing the Council President to execute Amendment No. 3 to the contract between the City and IPL North America, Inc. to provide curbside recycling carts.
4. Roll-off Truck Service and Operator Contract. Discussion and consideration of a motion authorizing the Council President to execute Amendment No. 3 to the contract between the City and MDL Enterprises, LLC to provide roll-off truck service with operator to supplement the Department of Sanitation’s operations.
5. HIDTA Program Funds Disbursement. Discussion and consideration of a motion authorizing the Council President to execute a memorandum of understanding between the City and the Jefferson Parish Sherrif’s Office for the disbursement of State of Louisiana Gulf Coast High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) program funds (not to exceed $47,700) to support New Orleans Police Department HIDTA investigations.
6. Sewerage Water Board of New Orleans (SWBNO). Presentation and discussion of the SWBNO’s 2023 2nd Quarter Report and 2nd Quarter Construction Report. Presenters: Ghassan Korban, Executive Director and Leadership Team.
7. Department of Public Works. Presentation and discussion regarding:
A. Traffic signals and street light repairs;
B. Joint Infrastructure Road Recovery (JIRR) program activities;
C. Right-of-way contracts; and
D. Max Pave roadwork program. Presenter: a representative of Department of Public Works
Submit Public Comment