NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans City Council is currently accepting applications for a Request for Qualifications/Proposals (RFQ/P) to obtain one or more individuals to preside over litigation hearings. The Presiding Officer for Council Regulatory Proceedings must have the following qualifications:
- A law degree and practicing lawyer
- A minimum of seven years experience as a licensed attorney preparing for or participating in and/or presiding over formal hearings or trials involving litigation
Selected respondent(s) will be assigned to active dockets at the time of selection and will be assigned to new dockets as they are initiated by the Council. These respondents will be permitted to continue outside employment provided that the Council is made aware of any potential conflicts of interest.
Overly elaborate or wordy responses are not encouraged, and no written or oral submissions shall be made to any Councilmember or member of their staff during this process. All responses will require the following to be eligible for consideration:
- Five hard copies of submission, including samples of work products to the Council Utilities Regulatory Office at City Hall (Room 6E07)
- One electronic copy of submission to Erin Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions due by 3 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 11, 2019
To view the RFQ/P in its entirety, click here.
For more information on current opportunities with the City Council, visit council.nola.gov/contracts.
Chief of Staff